- Shall work with the other Executive members to implement the vision of KISS;
- Work with Executive Members to set and follow their goals for the year;
- Promote collaboration and joint-efforts between Executive Members;
- Address constitutional queries as needed;
- Create and share agendas for Meetings;
- Moderate meetings to ensure the agenda is followed and time is well spent during meetings;
- Attend any meetings set out by the VP-Internal of ESS;
- Attend ESS and WESEF meetings during the term, as needed;
- Mentor the First-year Representative and assign tasks when appropriate; and
- Act as the first point of contact for any inquiries with regards to KISS over the Spring term directly following election.
Director of Finance
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of all financial transactions of KISS;
- Work with the ESS VP Finance to prepare a budget at the start of each term
- Ensure consistency with spending guidelines and allocations;
- Liaise with ESS VP Finance and the Federation of Students (hereinafter referred to as “Feds”) Accountant for fundraising activities;
- Supervise Fundraising head to ensure all fundraising activities comply with KISS policies and Feds’ governing documents; and
- Manage purchase and sale of Spirit Wear for each academic year.
Director of Archives
- Maintain a public archive of the ideas generated and actions taken by KISS members;
- Write and disseminate minutes from Regular Meetings;
- Collect and disseminate minutes from any Committee’s meetings;
- Maintain the KISS website to publicize KISS activities;
- Document KISS’s history through pictures, notes, stories, etc.;
- Oversee the maintenance of KISS student databases;
- Oversee the maintenance of the KISS library; and
- Ensure accurate Board transitions manuals are produced and update access to these documents every academic year.
Director of Academics
- Organize academic events such as, but not restricted to, course tutors, course selection meetings, study sessions, etc.;
- Build and maintain connections with main campus resources and share external academic events with Full Members;
- Attend CKI and Faculty Council meetings; and
- Attend meetings of the Undergraduate Studies Committee.
Director of Communications
- Communicate with KISS as a whole via weekly email & other channels of communication to keep Full Members informed; and
- Use social media outlets to supplement communication and engage Full Members.
Director of Community Development
- Organize social functions pertaining to community development;
- Organize KISS athletic involvement; and
- Run the Community Development Committee.
Director of Kinnections
- Arrange a mentorship program to connect Full Members. This will consist of organizing a program to facilitate connections between incoming first years and upper years, as well as an avenue for sharing advice between the different academic years;
- Liaise with Alumni Affairs to connect with past Knowledge Integration students;
- Coordinate networking with prospective employers;
- Connect KISS with prospective students;
- Connect KISS with other student societies; and
- Manage the Kinnections Committee.
Director of Kinnovations
- Run the Kinnovations Committee to implement his/her vision and/or explore whichever projects interest its members; and
- When KISS requires a project to be completed outside the main executive positions, Kinnovations will give priority to these projects as they arise.
First Year Representative
- Operate under the guidance of the Chairperson;
- Observe and get involved with the workings of KISS, as needed; and
- Update first year Full Members on the proceedings of KISS, and encourage them to get involved with KISS activities, events, and committees.
- Operate under the guidance of the Director of Finance;
- Run fundraising activities in accordance with KISS policies and Feds’ governing documents; and
- Cater to the interests of Fundraising Members.
Find out more in our Constitution.